Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year - New Thoughts

Happy 2012 Everyone! Being inspired by the desire to be a little smaller come June (my son's wedding) and the hope of being a better me, I have started my own 40 days of Purpose. As of January 1st, I have stopped consuming all sodas and stopped going to my FAVORITE drive-in, Sonic. :(
You may ask why...and why call it my 40 days of purpose and I'll be more than happy to share parts of it with you on this blog for the next few months. Remember, my blog is therapeutic to me at times and hopefully entertaining to the masses! LOL!!!

My 40 days that began Jan. 1, will subsequently end on February 9, the day BEFORE my birthday...so that's reason #1. It's a "do-able" time frame, AND (most importantly) it's a time for me to replace those things with prayer. Prayer for my son and his future, for his job search...for his marriage. Prayer for my younger son, for protection and guidance. Prayer for myself, to be closer to God & to always seeks God's will in my life. What BETTER thing to do than to replace sustenance that I can live without with a spiritual thing I can't - prayer!!

What would you purpose in your heart to give up so that God could fill you with something you need??? Are you willing to take a 40 day challenge?? No time like the present to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment